Question : Configuring the Netgear DG834G router to act as a DSL bridge for the Watchguard SOHO6 MVPN

I have a watchguard soho6 with MUVPN. I am trying to connect using the watchguard using the MUVPN client however the netgear DG834G router is causing a problem. I need to configure the router to act as a dsl bridge so that the watchguard gets an external IP address.
How do I do this on the netgear?

Answer : Configuring the Netgear DG834G router to act as a DSL bridge for the Watchguard SOHO6 MVPN

I see. The fact at the Netgear is a "modem/router" makes all the difference. Yes, you should be able to configure the modem/router to be in 'bridge' mode. All these hybrid devices I've come across can be configured this way. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with your Netgear. However, it's usually just a matter of logging into the administration address of the router (probably 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.10.1) the last 2 numbers will vary according to model. Then use the menu system to select 'BRIDGE' or 'BRIDGED' mode. If this router was provided by your ISP, then I suggest contacting them for help doing this. They will usually help you do this over the phone. Be aware that if the ADSL connection uses PPPoE, then you'll need to put the username and password for the ADSL account in the Watchguard and then it will create the ADSL connection and aquire the WAN IP instead of the Netgear doing this.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us