Question : WinXP Ad Hoc Wireless Network

I have two laptop. Both have wireless network card. I want connect these two laptop with wireless network in Ad Hoc (Computer to Computer) connection. I have set the connection so that the Wireless Connection status for both laptop are connected. One of the laptop has 11 Mbps speed, the other has 53 Mbps speed.

My problem is the laptops can not ping each other. I wonder what is the problems since the status of the connection is already connected but the ping does not work.

Answer : WinXP Ad Hoc Wireless Network

jiminika, I've written here about wireless incompatibilities between equipments: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Handhelds_Wireless/Q_20760612.html
It usually happens becaus of very different chipsets on cards. Not very long time ago, I tried to connect a Planet WAP4000 to a Cisco Aironet 1100 series and it reported itself as connected but no transfer/ping was possible. It MIGHT be exactly your case here. Can't you test with two identical cards? At least we'd solve this quickly.

Second thing .... disable all LAN cards when you're trying to connect. If you can make a "ipconfig /all" on both laptops while all cards are enabled and paste here it would be wonderful.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us