Question : Internet Browsers will not connect to the internet, but all other network programs work.. HELP! Please!

I have 2 laptop computers that suddenly stopped working on the www.  That is no webbrowser will work to view webpages..
One computer is the boss's and format is not really an option!  I formatted and reinstalled everyting on one laptop and it seems to still not connect to the internet even though all the settings are correct.  

I have read through a lot of stuff here and have not found an answer..

Here is what I know:
The os is windows xp
A third laptop was connecting fine to the internet through the same linksys wireless router.  No changes have been made..
I.E. and firefox will not browse webpages.  Names do not even seem to resolve (stuck "opening http://whatever..")
Repair and even removeal and reinstall of I.E. explorere does not help.
A repair of windows does not work.
Replacing winsock does not work.
ipconfig /all show that every setting is correct.  
Pings to any site resolves to ip address and even pings.
ISP and DNS ping fine
I can telnet to any I.P. address
I can FTP
I can file share ect on the network.
Windows firewall is off.
No other firewall is installed.

One one wireless linksys router I get an error like this though other laptops will connect and get network address from this router:
Unable to connect to selected network.  Network no longer in range, please refresh...

The same laptop that will not connect to this linksys router will connect and get address from our linksys access point, but still does not access the internet with browser..

F.Y.I.  our DHCP is on a 2003 server and dhcp is turned off on router and access point.

Answer : Internet Browsers will not connect to the internet, but all other network programs work.. HELP! Please!

Ping www.yahoo.com. It works, I assume.
Now ping port 80 on www.yahoo.com. (probably need a UNIX pinger) I think this won't ping.

Someone has firewalled you in maybe?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us