Question : Random Exchange 2007 Cluster questions

Hello all,
I am currently messing around with configuring a Windows 2k3 R2 64bit, Exchange 2007 cluster in a vmware environment. I have looked at a document from msexchange.org and I am having some issues and questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Joe
Here is a link to the document I am viewing - http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Installing-Configuring-Testing-Exchange-2007-Cluster-Continuous-Replication-Based-Mailbox-Server-Part1.html

1 - On Page 11 of the documentation. It says enter the IP address that the cluster management tools should use to connect to the cluster, in this case 10.10.1.216. Well I can't find 10.10.1.216 anywhere else in the documentation and have no idea what this IP address is. Can someone clearify so I have a better understanding?

2 - I have succesfully created the cluster and have the first Node added. When I try to add the second node to the cluster I receive the following errors. A multi-node cluster can not be created because the quorum resource does not support adding nodes to the cluster. the second is Error 0x800713de: The quorum disk could not be located by the cluster service. Do I need to do something different for VMware servers?
-I am thinking I do not have the quorum piece configured right. Here is what I have built 2 VMware servers - running Win 2k3 64bit Enterprise Edition. The following drives SCSI disk 0 - 20 gigs (OS drive) SCSI disk 1 - 2 gigs (Quorum drive) & SCSI disk 2 - 60 gigs (Data drive). Each are formatted NTFS and set as MBR. What do I need to do to configure the quorum drives the proper way?

3 - Does anyone know the requirments for the Exchange 2007 Hub Transport Server? It doesn't sound like it needs to be a powerful box but I'm not sure.

Answer : Random Exchange 2007 Cluster questions

With a CCR you use an MNS quorum, not a quorum disk. It's a network share on a third server (a file server will do)
The IP addresses are ones you've assigned yourself. Sure it's a typo that made it into a screen shot but you sound like you've still made the quorum error.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us