Question : How do i set network priority?

Hi, working on windows XP. Recently had brought home a laptop that connects to the LAN network in office. The laptop connects to the wireless LAN at home. No problem. But the problem occurs when the laptop is brought back to the office. Laptop could not connect to the office's network even after connecting to Local LAN, disabling wireless network card, changing the priority of network. Laptop could not map drive to network drive on initial start up, and everytimes need to re-map again. Somehow managed to bind the connection to local LAN  and mapped network drive, but the only problem left is the MS outlook 2003. The outlook will always look to send mail via wireless network first and i need to close and restart MS outlook before it can send out via Local LAN. Subsequently, sending mail will be ok. The problem only occurs when laptop starts up. I need to open MSoutlook, try sending, then cannnot send thru, then i need to close and restart outlook, then it will work

Pls help

Answer : How do i set network priority?

Hi,

OK, there is one other option for you to set the Outlook to choose network adapter of your choice

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click E-mail Accounts.

2. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.

3. Double-click the default e-mail account, and then click More Settings.

4. On the Connection tab, choose your desired adapter to send e-mail from.

Regards,
Faraz H. Khan
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us