Question : DHCP and Wireless LAN within a Wired LAN??

Currently, the Wired LAN contains a DHCP server which the 'wired' clients receive TCP/IP info from.  I have installed a Wireless WAP (Linksys WAP54G), connecting to the Wired internal LAN, so clients can access Domain resources via wireless connection in addition to std ethernet.

I am having troubles with the Wireless clients receiving DHCP addressing.  Do I need to enable DHCP on the Wireless Access Point, specifying the exact same IP and Subnetinng info as the wired DHCP server so the Wireless clients are seamless in accessing resources?  So far, the wireless link is strong but the clients receive no networking info to allow access to the Wired network

Thanks for any insight!!

Answer : DHCP and Wireless LAN within a Wired LAN??

It is not a wireless router. It's supposed to be used exactly the way you are using it, to connect wireless users to an existing LAN. I suspect the change you made allows the WAP to forward DHCP requests onto the LAN (and forward the responses back, of course). The manual specifically says that it does not do DHCP. They probably give you the option so you can keep wireless people that don't have a static IP address from getting one off of the LAN- which would be a problem in your case.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us