Question : External Appointments hour later

We have a Groupwise & Netware Server which is causing some interesting issues. We had a situation where external appointments coming into the site were 1 hour out. I found some issues with the timezone settings and changed both Groupwise and Netware's to be the same and made the DST time all the same. Now we have an issue where some of the external appointments are correct and others are wrong. I have checked the settings time and time again and would like to know if anyone else has seen this?

Answer : External Appointments hour later

No, checking the timestamps on the headers wouldn't be for determining how long it took to get into the system.  Examining the timestamps on the headers would help you determine whether or not the appointment time is coming to you incorrectly from the source.

Since you're not having this problem with all of your external contacts, it would seem to me that the problem isn't with your server, but with the server  (or client) the appointment is coming from.  If it was your server config, it would happen to all of them, not just some of them.

Note that I parenthetically included the client.  That's because Microsoft Office Outlook (that's what they call it now) has its own time zone settings, separate from both the server and the client OS.  You can have your WinXP Pro PC set to Central time US/Canada with daylight savings time turned on, and have an enteirely different time zone or DST setting within Outlook.  That's how they try to handle mobile/roving users (as opposed to roaming users) and users that "live" in a different time zone, connecting remotely via whatever method the system admin allows - VPN, dialup, RPC/HTTP, whatever.

Maybe the individual has their settings bolluxed.

Can't tell without examining those headers though, to verify the time the external system stamped on the email before sending it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us