Question : Multi Location Wireless Network

I am networking my home. I Already have an ethernet network, however would like to add Wireless Access Points to it. If I configure all points with the same SSID and log in details will I encounter any signal problems / drop offs when I move from one access point to another..?

Answer : Multi Location Wireless Network

I've set Wireless Roaming up using some Netgear WG602s before, simply by using the same SSID & security settings but using different channels on the wireless. The access points were all connected to the wired LAN (no repeaters or bridges). Make sure the beacons aren't TOO close together though, to ensure they don't cross-over too much and cause any interference or loss of signal.

If you walk between access points, some laptops will seamlessly change to the AP broadcasting the strongest signal, others will take a little while longer to realise the first one it was locked onto has gone and that it must search for another one. For fixed stations though, you will be good to set up the same AP settings throughout the building and they will locate the nearest one to them.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us