Question : Error: 1631 diagpwd

Hi I am trying to import a number of users in our tree using Identity Manager 2 and have been using the Diagpwd.exe program to check the universal password has been set on my users.

so far all has been good.. but since trying to import some users from another OU i ran into some problems.. i therefore checked the users with diagpwd.exe and it returned the error on around 10 users...

Error: -1631, retrieving password status for USERNAME

the novell TID at http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10097771.htm indicates that NMAS Server 2.3.6 or greater is  NOT installed i am running netware 6.5sp3 server as my master replica therefore assume that i must be running 2.3.6?

could it be that these users are authenticating to an older server? and therefore not setting the password? we do have some netware 6.0 sp5 servers in the replica ring

Answer : Error: 1631 diagpwd

It's possible.  I'd see if any of the others are running older versions of NMAS.

If you remove them from the replica ring, be sure to do the DS repair routine from iManager on your Master of [Root] server  (I don't think Novell wants you to use DSREPAIR.NLM any more...) to clean up any remnants.  You may have to check various attributes to make sure DS doesn't refer to older versions of NMAS anywhere.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us