Question : Network How-To: dual Wan, multiple bridged lan

I am not an expert in networking by any means, so if anyone could direct me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I am looking for a solution to do the following:
I have one T1 connection (WAN) coming into the office with 5 available static ip addresses.
I want to have 2 lines (2 static ips) come into a router.
I want to have 2 (or in the future more maybe) lan lines on that same router.
I want Lan1 to be able to surf out on the web and be able to access Lan2.  I want Lan2 to surf out and be able to access Lan1.  Lan1 and Lan2 will have different ip address networks.
I want Wan1 to port forward to Lan1 (for a web server, email, etc).
I want Wan2 to port forward to Lan2 (for a web server, ftp, etc).
I want to be able to VPN into Lan1 or Lan2 from the internet.
I would like some firewalling protection, etc.

I currently have 2 routers (cheap units that get the job done).  I am looking to replace both with a single router or add a bridge between the two so that local traffic can go back and forth.

Question 1:
If I simply add a bridge (like a freesco setup as a bridge) how does the router know to send traffic to the bridge?

Question 2:
Can I setup a freesco or a linux box to do all of this?

Question 3:
Does some company make a nice product that does all of this?  I am trying to find a cisco product but hunting through 10,000 product codes and accessories has not been fruitful.  

Thanks,
David

Answer : Network How-To: dual Wan, multiple bridged lan

Netopia R910 is the cheapest one I know that can do this.

1) It supports up to 8 subnets
2) It supports up to 16 vpn tunnels, including pptp 128 bit that is natively supported by win9x to xp
3) You can forward services on SAME port to different LAN IP's by binding to different WAN IP's
4) It will route without problem between his multiple lan's.
5) Firewall with stateful packet inspection and filtering
6) Reliable (I have a sold and installed a lot, they are always up and running)
7) The only drawback is the telnet or direct port configuration, it's less user friendly
8) Well suited for small businesses or satellite offices of bigger businesses.
9) less than 300.00$ Can

If you want top of the line, I suggest Multitech Routefinder series.

Same as above, but with much more features, web based config interface, aliases, custom object bindings, based on "completly closed - you must allow everything yourself". It's very secure etc..., but more expensive (less expensive than similar Cisco or other, but as complete).

I use these for bigger companies or any that want absolute security.

NOTES:

-You don't need 2 WAN's, since it's only 1 WAN with multiple IP's.
-You cannot bridge 2 different subnets, you must route.
-You would be able to do this with low end routers if you can add static routes to reach each LANs
and if they support vpn connections

Luc
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us