Question : Connection to the server was interrupted in Outlook

Hello,
Please i need your help.
I will give you below some elements.

In my network configuration, the server group and the Lan are each on a different subnet.
The Isa has several network card and it acts as the router between the Lan, the servers and the internet.
Now the DNS on my clients is one of the servers. This DNS forwards to ISA for external requests. Now i have symantec installed on the DNS server.

Now when i try to send emails from outlook, i get errors saying that the connection to the server was interrupted.
I ping the mail server which is hosted and i get a reply of 500ms.
i mentionned the symantec since sometimes the error comes from a symantec pop up saying that the connection to the mail server was interrupted.
The netqwork configuration i mentionned is new. Before i use to add clients in the symantec console on the server since Lan and servers were on the same subnet. Now when i need to add clients, i only see available the servers. But the computers already added are shown in the list with their new ip addres in the new subnet.

The ping to my mail server from the isa is showing low reply. Is the problem from my network or from hosting mail server? What can i do?

Thank you.

Answer : Connection to the server was interrupted in Outlook

PAQed with points refunded (500)

CetusMOD
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us