Question : How to get SLP.NLM load and continue through loadstage 3

Netware 5.1 server ran without a problem for last year.  While doing an inventory on Ultrium 448 drive, received about hundrend error messages on console regarding files and SYS volume and server rebooted.  SYS volume would not mount no matter what I tried.  Ran server -ns -na, was able to get to vrepair and ran against SYS.  SYS volume hosed with 30k errors and most data corrupted.

Load NWconfig and did the copy/install files, copying boot, system, login files.  Down server and rebooted.  SYS would now mount but started receiving NICI errors.  Tried several things to no avail.

Finally, re-installed Netware 5.1 overlay, deleting and recreating SYS.  Now I cannot get past loadstage 3, specifically SLP.NLM will not load. (Loader cannot find public symbol: strlen/strcat for module SLP.NLM)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Michael Hudson

Answer : How to get SLP.NLM load and continue through loadstage 3

Solution:

Blew away DOS and SYS partitons.  Installed 5.1 overlay from CD, but used temp license on CD instead of my license diskettes.  After full install, restored NDS from backup tape, delete license containers and installed original license diskettes.

Michael E. Hudson
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us