Question : Network access inaccessible after long period from Windows XP.

I have a Windows XP Pro computer on a LAN that is used for access to the LAN from outside the office with pcAnywhere.  This computer is always left on but after a period of about 12-24 hours it loses access to the domain.

Browsing network neighborhood and attempting to access the server results in a longon prompt.  When entering the domain username and password I get a message stating "logon unsuccessful: the user name you typed is the same as the username you logged in with.  That user name has already been tried. A domain controller cannot be found to verify that user name."  Until I reboot the machine I cannot gain access to the server.

This computer has an account in active directory on a Windows 2000 domain and the user account was created on the local machine in the network ID wizard.  It is a domain account rather than a local account logging into the domain.  It has administrator rights.  This same problem has happened with other computers on the network that have been left on overnight.  Their sessions seem to be timing out.  

Anyone dealt with anything like this?

Answer : Network access inaccessible after long period from Windows XP.

try this on the DC
I used the command (from a command prompt
net config server /autodisconnect:-1
which disables autodisconnect and that stopped the remote users from loosing their Mapped Drive.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q297684
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us