Question : Setup two Wireless SSID

We have client with small reatail shop. He want to add wirless to his office. He also wants his custoemrs to get on the wirless, but does not want them to be able to get to his computers or files. The have a workgroup with 5 windows xp computers.  Should I just get and extera access point for router for the customers. I would not have woried the xp computers would have been on a domainl.

Answer : Setup two Wireless SSID

I quickly looked at the manual, starting on page 28-29, it looks like you can tag each SSID with a particuliar VLAN.   The single port on the back of this unit would uplink into a router/switch which would need to have trunking enabled with 802.1q support and the 2 vlans you created on the unit allowed on to the trunk.    

ON the router or switch, apply an acl to the rest of the network to allow or disallow the Wireless IP's.  

Alternatively, you could do some creative subnetting where the local lan and wireless share the same subnet and vlan (served by the same dhcp) and the public vlan is on another subnet.       Routing both outbound, but isolating them from each other....  

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us