Question : How do I configure OnRamp IP faxing on a Cisco Voice Gateway Router?

I need to figure out how to approach IP Faxing.  My users want faxes to go to their email.  To accomplish this are all configuration's done on the Cisco Voice Gateway Router?  Is there any configuration needed on the Call Manager to do this?  I am hoping someone has a sample configuration I couild use to get started.  I am currently reading "Configuring T.37 Store-and-Forward Fax" document I got from cisco's website, but it would really help me out if I could see a completed configuration of how this is done.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Answer : How do I configure OnRamp IP faxing on a Cisco Voice Gateway Router?

Actually, for what you are talking about, Unity is not required (or even supported).  For onramp (INBOUND) fax to email, you need a Cisco router voice gateway with minimum a IP Voice IOS functionality (recent build).  Also, the router MUST be in H.323 mode in your callmanager environment - you cannot do onramp fax with a router in MGCP mode.  You need the dial-peer processing on the router to route fax calls to the relevent fax processing.
You will also need the relevant Cisco script files for faxing.  The router has a basic SMTP send engine in the IOS and the faxing scripts convert the inbound PRI/ISDN call into a TIFF image and send an SMTP msg.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us