Question : Arcserve IT 6.61

I'm running Arcserve 6.61 on NT 4.0. The logs indicate that my backups are running fine but when I go to do a restore I can't expand any directories. The root drive is there and if I run a restore on it I can get data but unfortunately it's the entire drive.
Any Ideas?

Answer : Arcserve IT 6.61

Just a guess, but perhaps the database got corrupted.  I notice that there is a "Recover Database" option in Manager --> Utilities.  **Disclaimer** I have not used this option before.

Another option is to use a filter if you know the name of the file.

Also, this is from CAI.com.  If you have database corruption, perhaps you can apply it to your situation:

Q: I want to restore files from a tape that was used more than a year ago but it no longer exists in the ARCserve database. How can I view the contents of the tape or what kind of restore method can I use?

A: The preferred method to use is the "Merge" job. The Merge utility will allow you to merge some(or all) sessions and re-populate the database. After it completes you will be able to go into restore manager and restore by session or tree. This will display the directories and files for the merged sessions.To view the information on the tape, a Scan job also can be used (this will not put the information in the database). Selecting the option to "Log all Activity" for the Scan job will create a detailed record of each file backed up for the sessions selected.This information is recorded in the Job log. To restore specific (known) files from a tape that has been pruned from the ARCserveIT Database without Merging the session back into the database, a "Restore by Backup Media" job can be run using an include filter.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us