Question : Issue with 2Wire and WRE54G Extender

Here is the situation:

I have attempted to setup a 2Wire 2710HG-B modem and a Linksys WRE54G wireless extender. I have them connected and can get a connection but it is very iffy. My situation is not getting them connected, it is having the connection be reliable. I have connected three machines at this access point but they keep dropping connection and they are not connecting to the internet.

Here is what I have tried:
1. Setting up the 2 pieces of equipment with the same SSID and Password (Works but very Iffy.
2. Changing the channel on both devices (2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11)
3. Have tried to change the IP range on the extender.
4. Raised the Power on the 2Wire modem to extend the range
5. Picked multiple locations to put the extender at. All have successfully connected with just not a reliable connection.

What else can I try or can you recommend to me to get this working, Or something I did wrong. Thanks!

Answer : Issue with 2Wire and WRE54G Extender

The only thing I can think of is to check for firmware upgrades for both devices and do the upgrade. If that doesn't help or there is no upgrade available, first check if the extender works properly in combination with another device, and then when you know which is the bad product get in touch with the manufacturer or the place you bought it and ask for a warranty replacement.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us