Question : Can't add a secondary domain controller and nslookup failing

I have a domain controller that has had a server behind for a while now.  The server that is behind the domain controller was just there as an application box.  The application box was alwasy part of the domain, just never had DNS or AD on it.   Tonight I went to add AD to it as a secondary domain and it's failing, stating it can't contact the domain controller.  

I removed the application server from the domain, and then re-added it.  When re-adding it I can't add it via the domains FQDN but the name.  So when adding the Applicaitn server back to the domain I can't add it using domain.local, but I can add it via domain.  Once back onto the domain, I still can't add the server as a secondary domain controller and again my nslookup fails.  

Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

Answer : Can't add a secondary domain controller and nslookup failing

In the DNS console, do you have a reverse lookup zone for your subnet?  If so, does it contain a PTR record for your DNS server?  If there's no zone, go ahead and create one - make it primary, AD-integrated, etc.  All you'll need to know is your network ID, which (from what you've already posted) appears to be 192.168.1.x.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us