Question : Help with bandwidth degredation when using a MOTOWI4 (WiMAX) and wireless routers

I've searched long and hard for a solution to this and I just can't anything concrete... really need some help on this.  I have WiMAX service in the Atlanta area from Clear.  I live about a 1/2 mile from the tower and get a pretty good signal (a solid four bars). I'm using the Motorola CPE (MOTOWI4) provided by Clear. I've been through their tech support process a few times and the modem is working fine. If I connect a PC directly to the modem I get 6+ Mbps.  If I connect a wireless router or access point to the modem the bandwidth I'm able to receive gets cut in half.  I've tried several different routers / AP's (NetGear WPN824, Cisco 1200 AP, Belkin 54G, and a Linksys WRT54G) and the same thing happens with each.  I've tried serveral differnt MTU settings, I've updated firmware, I've disabled built in firewall and turned off SPI... nada.  The laptops I'm using are Dell 820's with the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG wireless chipset and the Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller.  I've updated the firmware on these as well and still no go. I get the same results regardless of whether I connect to the routers wirelessly or wired.  I've tried different settings on the wireless cards (g only, b and g, etc.)... still nada. I've read a lot of posts about people having similar issues with cable modems, but no one seems to have found a sucessful solution.  Has anyone experienced this problem and (more importantly) found a solution?

Answer : Help with bandwidth degredation when using a MOTOWI4 (WiMAX) and wireless routers

HI it seems autonegotitaton proble, you able to fix 100M snd full duplex the WIMAX modem, and routert ethernet ports?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us