Question : Winows XP Pro in multipule environments. i.e. Domain at work Workgroup at Home

I use Windows xp pro on my laptop. At my office I connect to the domain and all network drives map just fine. Also, if I VPN back to my office all drives work. When I return home, I have a media computer that is in a home network workgroup. I am trying to  keep the mapped drives to the media computer attached automatically when I'm at home. I have to click the mapped drive then, enter a user name and password every time I start my laptop even if I tell the computer to remember the password.

Thank you,

Answer : Winows XP Pro in multipule environments. i.e. Domain at work Workgroup at Home

The solution was to open "my computer", in the address bar type: \\media1 (as that is the name of the computer) when the shares show up in the main window, right click and map the drive. On next boot, the computer mapped the drives and stopped asking for a password each time.
The only difference was previously, the drives were mapped through "my network places".

Thanks anyway guys...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us