Question : Windows 2003 PPTP VPN keeps disconnecting

I am trying to connect with a VPN to ABC.com from Location A, and it connect successfully but after 3.5 minutes it disconnects (always 3.5 minutes give or take a few seconds), and then I have to wait a few minutes before I can connect again, but the it once again disconnects me after 3.5 minutes.  From any other location I am able to stay connected for hours, and I am able to have things download and upload at Location A without using the VPN for hours.  So, any ideas how I can make my VPN connection more stable at Location A?

Server is Windows 2003 Web Edition that is part of a domain, laptop runs Windows XP SP2 that is also part of that domain. I have also tried it from a PocketPC 2003 and a Windows 2000 SP4 machine that is not part of the domain, same effect.  It is using a PPTP VPN and both the client and server are on private networks, the server has a ports mapped from the public IP address.

Answer : Windows 2003 PPTP VPN keeps disconnecting

Well, unless Event Viewer on the server or PC is telling you why it is diconnecting, then it looks like you will need to get access to that router/firewall and see what is going on with it, especially since the problem is global at location A (pretty much points the finger right at the firewall there)

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us