Question : How do I  connect my "wired ethernet adapter" notebook computer to my "wireless network"?(I need step-by-step instructions please.)

My home network looks like this:
I have RoadRunner Cable modem.
Win XP Home connects the cable modem with Linksys WRT54G Router....Win XP Pro connects with Linksys WUSB54G network adapter.
 Which works well most of the time.

I would like to add my notebook, Win 98 SE with Linksys USB100M Adapter, wired to Win XP Pro.

I need help, I followed all instructions, but I need to see something like a road map.  To know where something isn't right, then check the next step.  Etc, and  a way to determine how to improve and fine tune my network for optium performace.

Answer : How do I  connect my "wired ethernet adapter" notebook computer to my "wireless network"?(I need step-by-step instructions please.)

After you type ipconfig /all from the C:\ prompt, you should receive info similar to:

IP address......192.168.1.xxx
Subnet Mask...255.255.255.0
Def.Gateway...192.168.1.1

If your IP address is 169.254.x.x or something else out of the 192.168.1.x range, then you're not connected.

Also, at the command prompt, you can type PING 192.168.1.1
You should get successful responses if you're seeing your router.

The router by default has settings that are more or less plug-n-play.  You shouldn't have to make any changes.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us