Question : Importing users from a file

We have been using uimport for importing users from a txt file.  We now have all NetWare 6.5 servers and I noticed that uimport.exe seems to be MIA.  What would be the best way to mass import users from a file?  We have over a thousand users to import.  I did run across a 3rd party program called User Importer under Novell's Cool Solutions.  I'm not sure how well this works.  Does anyone know what product works well or if NetWare has a built in way to add users in mass?

Also, I have uimport.exe that I saved from a NetWare 5 server.  Will uimport work with NetWare 6.5?  When I tried, I received this message:

UIMPORT-4.26 (971028) PTF-404: An error occurred attempting to write the path property.
The volume object may not exist.
Volume: storage_data.BCSD

This volume does exist, but I think uimport does not like NSS volumes?  What is the best way to mass import users into NetWare 6.5?
Thanks!

Answer : Importing users from a file

The JRB Utilities (http://www.jrbsoftware.com) will let you script user account creation, including creation of Home directories.

Using Templates, you may also be able generate Home directories.

The issue is, of course, that adding a user ID happens is eDirectory, but creating s Home directory happens in a filesystem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us