Question : Using static pulic IP on a NAT netowork - Cisco router

I have a Cisco router running NAT and have a block of static IP addresses.  The gateway addressed is assigned to my router's external interface.  I want to assign another one of the static IPs to a device on my network behind the router.  

How can I configure the router to not NAT this particular address?  I have tried just assigning the static address to the device, but it doesn't appear to get past the router.

note that I am not trying to set up a static NAT map....I want the router to just pass through traffic from this particular IP without trying to NAT it.

Thanks,

Brian

Answer : Using static pulic IP on a NAT netowork - Cisco router

You still need to NAT the address to the internal IP address of the device behind the router but setup a static one to one NAT.  This will pass all traffic to the inside device destined to the public static IP address.  You can't assign the public IP address to a host inside the network because the inside network is a different network i.e. a private network 192.168.x.x and you'll never communicate with anything.

If you are overloading you need to deny the static NAT.

For example:

ip nat inside source list 1 interface serial0 overload
ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.10 x.x.x.x <----- public IP address

access-list 1 deny host 192.168.0.10
access-list 1 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255

One way to accomplish what you want would be to assign a public IP address from your pool of statics to the internal ethernet interface as a secondary address.  The IP address would need to be on a different subnet than the interface connected to your ISP so routing can occur.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us