Question : Which phone system to choose?

HI,

We are looking to replace our aging telephone system.

What experience have the experts had of each, the pros and cons etc.
Are there any points to watch out for?
We were leaning towards Nortel but due to the financial state of the company we have decided against it. Were currently looking at Tadiran systems however were still rather open.

Any comments much appreciated.

Answer : Which phone system to choose?

I have deployed several different systems and to date my favorite is the shoretel VOIP system.  They scale well from the small workgroup settings to the large multisite office scenario.  The part I love most about it is the affordibilty-- this is not just in the upfront price it is also in the following:

ease of deployment
cost effective support options
simple management of clients
MAC's are simple
VOIP over Internet / WAN easy and cost effective
Softphones

I think today everyone is becoming more and more competitive and therefore you'll find similar experiences with others, but I think you need to know -- hey, what's it gonna take when Jimmy moves from this desk to this office?

Quote from www.nemertes.com

Cisco tops the field in VoIP costs
Comparison by Nemertes rates Avaya, Nortel, ShoreTel.

By Robin Gareiss, Network World, 05/15/06

In the Nemertes study, Avaya, Cisco, Nortel and ShoreTel garnered enough statistical responses to be counted individually.

When we asked respondents how much time they spent on operational start-up, measured in minutes per user, Cisco came out on top at 250 minutes per user, followed by Nortel at 186 minutes, Avaya at 77 minutes and ShoreTel at 69 minutes.
Now I will see if I can find any other information for you.

Good luck
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us