Question : internet bandwidth options

Our organization with 50 staff currently utilizes an ADSL connection rated at 6Mbps download.
We are finding this is not sufficient for our needs and usage degrades to <500kbps during the day. We are getting consistent 4Mb/s dowwnload at the router so we don't necessarily see a reduction in the pipe coming in

We are on a switched Gb Ethernet internally.

Looking for some guidance on next options. First telco I spoke to immediately started talkking about T1 options. I don't undersatnd why I would go for a 1.5Mbs line. I understand that it is dedicated, usually has an SLA associated with it, but in the end run, it would seem that I am reducing my bandwidth and this will not solve my actuall need.

Any general comments that can clar this up for me? I also see options to go ADSL up to 16Mbs or alternatively E10/Fibre routes but currently have not received the prices and am unsure if these will be cost effective.

Toronto downtown located very close to Telco locations

Any pointers or whitepaper pointers would be appreciated

Answer : internet bandwidth options

You can even create a QOS Policy in which it will prioritize the traffic you choose ;

Plus you would have the option to control what kind of web traffic is allowed/restricted via CSM

I can provide you with proper screen shots to setup firewall filters/csm and allow/restrict sites on your entire network,

I would suggest the draytek model of 2950 (as it supports 250+ VPN Sessions as well), more throughput then 2820 and have two Ethernet wan ports, so your cable broadband would terminate directly into it and you may need a cheap adsl modem to connect your adsl it to its other wan port

hope that helps
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us