Question : Someone hacked into my wireless network

I am running a wireless network with 2 pc's (windows XP) one is connected wired and the other wireless with a Dlink 80211.g wireless adapter.  I have my wireless router set up to not broadcast SSID, and have Mac address filtering in place.  I am also using WEP.  I have the PC with the Dlink wireless adapter set up to automatically connect to my router, however sometimes it does not connect automatically, I need to search for available networks.  Mine does not always show up because I am not broadcasting ssid.  There are many other wireless networks around me.  I somehow connected to the wrong network one day because mine wasn't showing up.  On the weekend I started up my computer and everything was freezing up, i was getting errors when trying to open winamp, windows media player, pretty much any program.  I decided to just leave it for a while and watch a DVD.  About an hour later I heard a weird noise on my speakers I went back and there was an outlook window opened.  I don’t use email on this pc, the outlook setup wizard was opened.  I still couldn’t move my mouse or ctrl-alt-delete.  I just powered the pc off.  When I turned it back on I unplugged the wireless adapter.  I checked my wireless connections and there was a new connection made called "pyro" it was set to automatically connect.  This was not a connection to my router.  I think someone somehow got me to connect to their wireless Router instead of my own and took control over my PC that way, is that possible?

Answer : Someone hacked into my wireless network

i sm not sure exactly how the connection would have been made it depends on the equipment on the other end. What i wuld do is deleted all of your network connections, rebroadcast your ssid and reset up the connection on your pc and make it the default etc. then you should be able to disable you ssid and you desktop will still automatically reconnect. if you want to make sure you don't accidentally connect to an unauthorised network again setup your list of prefer networks with just your ssid and select "only connect to prefered networks" you then shouldn't be ablde to connect t other networks without first adding them to the preferred network list which takes at least a few clicks
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us