Question : synectics - outlook express

Dear Experts,

I got a problem regarding Proxy Server for Windows NT. I’m not able to configure the  outlook express (other than the one on proxy machine) to send and receive mails. Please help me in solving the problem. I’m expecting your reply.

In Outlook Express I configured the Accounts properties as follows

I tried the following options

Incoming mail : synect.com (Domain name)
Outgoing mail : synect.com (Domain name)

Error : The host 'synect.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'synect.com', Server: 'synect.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Incoming mail : Server IP address
Outgoing mail : Server IP address

Error : The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'synect.com', Server: '192.168.1.2', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Incoming mail : md4.vsnl.net.in (email id)
Outgoing mail : md4.vsnl.net.in (email id)

Error:The host 'md4.vsnl.net.in' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'synect.com', Server: 'md4.vsnl.net.in', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Though I tried with this options,  I’m not able to send or receive mail in Outlook Express.

Otherwise any configuration has to be done in Proxy Server.

With regards
Uma Sankar. K

Answer : synectics - outlook express

All,
I am unlocking this question in preparation for cleanup.  I will return in 7 days to finalize this question.  Please leave any recommendations for the final state of this question, I will take all recommendations into consideration.  Failing any feedback, I may decide in 7 days to delete or PAQ this question with no refund.  Thanks.

SpideyMod
Community Support Moderator @Experts Exchange
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us