Question : Unable to browse or receive POP3 email from web site.

I had a report from my client that they were unable receive POP3 email and unable to browse to their external web site.  This is true from the server as well as all of the workstations a this location.  I have confirmed the following: 1. CAN browse to google, yahoo, msn.....(I haven't found a site that I can't browse to).....except their own domain hosted at an external site.  From any other outside location I can browse to the domain site in question.  2. From the SBS2003 server, I canNOT PING the site in question; again, every other site responds. 3. I cannot receive OUTLOOK POP3 mail from this same site.

I also found three "unauthorized" programs on the server, which have been removed: JetSwap, WINRAR, and PERL Packet Handler.  

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Answer : Unable to browse or receive POP3 email from web site.

The main thing here is to not break any services you currently depend on.  The settings that you described in RRAS are not the default, so someone had to have set them.

To test, you could stop the service and see if it solves the problem.  The service can always be restarted with no harm.  If you do stop the service, do a tracert and see if the 10. address disappears.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us