Question : BGP - how to for multihoming to different ISPs

dear experts,

I am looking for a howto to design a BGP network for multihoming to different ISPs for a data center - but I do not have any experience with BGP.

Can you explain what a typical reliable and redundant setup would be like for the above ? I understand we need our own AS to do the above. What are the step-by-step approahc to create the above...?? Where do I go and what do I ask?

Please advice in details...

Answer : BGP - how to for multihoming to different ISPs

Yes, you can do it yourself if you're already pretty good with routing. I did! You'll probably find an example in the Halabi book (Cisco Press) that exactly mirrors your situation.

I don't think there is any reason not to accept default routes. Yes, this might result in suboptimal outbound routing in some cases, where you send a packet out on the circuit that is farther from the destination. However, considering the fact that both of your circuits are in the same city, the latency difference is minimal.

If you want to pull full or partial routes, your border routers will be doing a lot more work. I think you will need at least a 26xx with 128MB to pull full routes. Again, what's the point? I think getting a default route only is the preferred approach, unless your AS is geographically dispersed with lots of widely-separated egress points, in which case you would might to pull the full routes to allow you to keep the outbound traffic inside your AS on the long haul.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us