Question : Internet connection issues on wireless network NETGEAR DG834N

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well and your New Year has started well.

Got a weird one for you all! A client of mine has a Netgear DG834N router which connects to an ISP here. The connection is LLC based and has VPI/VCI of 0/101.

Now the weird bit, the connection works fine. If you hook up via LAN you can surf no probs on any website whatsoever. However as soon as you hook up on the Wireless you are blocked from such sites as Google.com (etc...) and Joystiq.com and tomshardware for examples.

It is not the address cannot be found because I can ping these sites no problem. The page also starts downloading but then just hangs.

On the LAN there is no issue whatsoever.

A few details:

-DHCP disabled on both LAN and Wifi (All set up no probs)
-Clients are all WinXP machines and my laptop has no issues via the LAN and only suffers with Wifi (no internet security on my laptop but their is on others).

Things I have tried:

1. Disable wireless security
2. Enable DHCP
3. Change the MTU size
4. Disable all firewalls
5. Run Spyware.
6. Change back to b and g protocols

This is just weird, all the trials above failed. As I said, connected via the LAN the net works like a charm. Connected via the wifi it just dies.

Any help would be cool!

Thanks!

Gabs

Answer : Internet connection issues on wireless network NETGEAR DG834N

Might be worth trying the basic and turn off the power to the router. Wait for a few seconds then power it up.

Also I had a problem before with a connection that would chuck me off all the time and it required a firmware update. So It may also be worth checking for Firmware updates for this model.  Be warned though some updates remove your current configuration.

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/DG834N.asp

Hope that helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us