Question : Networking two computers over the internet

I have a computer at home in Bahamas that I want to access some files from my other computer here in Jamaica and I need help on how to set up a internet networking connection between the two computers or help setting up remote access. or any other way you might know how to get what I want accomplished. please help me if it is possible. I tried setting up a VPN, remote desktop,and other things but could not get them to work.

Answer : Networking two computers over the internet

Your description is not clear on whether you need a one way connection to access your files on the computer in Jamaica only or if you want to remote desktop into both machines.  

Assuming you need to go both ways then you will need Windows XP Professional on both machines.  You will need to setup a VPN connection between the two machines.  Then setup a local user on both machines with the same username and password on both machines.  Then enable remote desktop on both machines - Start menu - control panel - System - Remote tab - put a check by allow users to connect remotely to this computer - click select remote users - add - type in the username I had you create previously - hit ok to save changes. Then you can use remote desktop to connect to the remote machine by using the IP address used across the VPN.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us