Question : Internet Connection Problem both wireless & Hardwired

Hi experts, I have an issue with a Dell Latitude. Running windows XP Pro - SP3. Every time the computer is rebooted it can't make an internet connection. IP address is static, and it shows traffic outgoing and incoming although incoming is very slow. I can fix the issue using WinSock IP Fix, and everything is fine until the computer is rebooted, and then same issue. Once again using Winsock IP Fix fixes it again until reboot. I have done a malware and virus scan which both came out clean. Any help on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Internet Connection Problem both wireless & Hardwired

Do you happen to have an Nvidia motherboard? Apparently BitDefender can cause such internet slowdowns and stops. I've seen BD Internet Security mentioned several times in relation to such problems. The way it interacts with Nvidia boards (and possibly others) doesn't seem to jive the way it's supposed to. My suggestion would be to temporarily uninstall BitDefender, restart, test the connection, if it doesn't work, do the fixing procedure, test the connection again, then restart and check one last time to see if the connection works after the restart. If it is still failing after BD is uninstalled and the fix has been done and computer restarted, we can probably rule out that possiblity.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us