Question : VoIP LAN Cabling Certification Best Practice

Ok, here's what I'm looking for. I need to find some values and the references they came from for certification of LAN cabling. Namely I'm looking for things like

Length,
Wire Mapping
Insertion Loss (Attenuation)
NEXT
PSNEXT
ELFNEXT
PSELFNEXT
Propagation Delay
Propagation Skew
ACR (attenuation to crosstalk ratio)
PSACR (power sum attenuation to crosstalk ratio)
RL (return loss)

if anyone has best practice on what these should be for voip LAN cabling I'd be grateful. Now I realize that most of these I can pull from the Cat5e/6 EIA/TIA568 specs but what I don't know is whether or not these should be different (of better grade I woould presume) for VoIP deployments where my propagation delay and attenuation to crosstalk ratio would impact voice service much more so than data (since there's retransmit). If you have additional things (packet loss maybe?) that I should also be looking for that would be of great help also.

Things I don't really care about are more the environmental (cable combustion point, smoke, fuel ratio), I'm going to presume for now that these were taken care of by a building engineer and meet code from that aspect. I'm more interested in the technical certification of the wiring.

thanks in advance,
-rp

Answer : VoIP LAN Cabling Certification Best Practice

As there have been no replies, I'll toss in my 2¢ worth. I used to do network certifications, and I can understand the point of the question however, I have never seen any documentation relating specific test results being more optimal for specific services. It has always been a case of requiring a minimum of CAT5, CAT5E, or CAT6 which of course have defined minimum test result levels for each CATx standard as defined by TIA/EIA.
http://www.tiaonline.org/standards/catalog/
Fluke actually makes a little test tool called the CableIQ that specifically rates the cable as being suitable for POTS, VoIP, 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, and Gigabit. However, tests are very basic compared to a proper certification meter, which will give you much more certainty.
In my opinion if your Cabling meets CAT6 standards there will be no cabling issues related to your VoIP performance what so ever, and regardless of the "headroom", no improvement.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us