Question : Combining two broadband connections using Netgear FSV124G with DG834G and DG834GT routers

I have two ADSL broadband connections.  One has the Netgear DG834G and the other the Netgear DG834GT.  These devices are ADSL modems, wireless routers and LAN devices in one.  Previously, I used the GT model as the DHCP server which most internet traffic went through with the G model used specifically for certain computers/applications to access.   I want to combine the bandwidth of both lines so I purchased the Netgear FVS124G which has two WAN ports and offers load balancing and failsafe.  However, I just can't get the FVS124G to access the internet through the other two routers.  The manual/guide talks about connecting two modems to the device rather than other routers but I am sure this is possible.

I have tweaked around with the settings but just can't work it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Some information/questions which may be relevant:

* Previously the GT router was set to IP address 192.168.0.1 and the G router to 192.168.0.11.  
* The new FSV124G router is set to 192.168.1.1 (tried changing to 192.168.0.1 but didn't make any difference joy)
* Do the old routers need to be changed to the same group of IP address bearing in mind these are connect to WAN ports on the FSV124G?
* I would like the new FSV124G to be the DHCP server.
* Do I need to change communication settings such as RIP etc?
* As the old routers already have password information, dio I need to re-entered these into the new FSV124G router or will this router simply connect to the old routers?

I have awarded maximum points as I really need to get this sorted because I work from home.

Thanks

Answer : Combining two broadband connections using Netgear FSV124G with DG834G and DG834GT routers

PAQed with points (500) refunded

DarthMod
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us