Question : eMac / DSL / Linksys WRT54G

I have just setup my DSL for the first time.  I have a Netopia Cayman 3300 Series Modem.  I am trying to get my eMac to work through my Linksys WRT54G via ethernet cables.  I upgraded the firmware.  I am running Mac OS X 10.2.8.  I have setup the netorok connections in Sys Prefereences to use DHCP and have entered the DNS provided by ISP.  I can ping the router just fine.  I just can't seem to surf to any sites.  When I try to ping a site it times out.  Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

AB

Answer : eMac / DSL / Linksys WRT54G

I believe you need to adjust your MTU settings within the router (if you are using PPPoE as an authentication protocol).  (If you can access the router's interface, then my best guess the problem lies within the router.)  

First, open the router's interface by typing in the default gateway address into your URL line (browser).   This is probably 192.168.1.1

From within the interface, ck to make sure you are getting a good IP address from your ISP provider.  This is called the public address (vs the private address which is your LAN addressing scheme).

If this address if good, then modify the MTU to a size of 1492 (or less).  

Let us know if you have any questions..

FE
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us