Question : Any special settings on the server to display pages on mobile phones?

Dear All,

I am trying to put up a simple webpage that could be viewed through a mobile phone. The page will be viewed mainly in Japan, so it has to be usable on the three major networks - KDDI, DoCoMo and EzWeb. These mobiles are slightly different from the ones in the Europe, US and other GSM areas.

I always thought it would be straight forward - put up an HTML, point to it through a link, and you could view it from a mobile, distorted though it may be. My phone, when I put up an HTML, shows that "the requested page cannot be displayed".

The HTML I'm using is copied from this site: http://webmail.apu.ac.jp/amm_bin/login where it definitely works properly. It stops working when I put the file up on my webspace, which leads me to believe that there has to be some special way to set up a server before the mobile devices can display webpages. Is that the case? If so, what settings should I look into, if not, what do you think is causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Answer : Any special settings on the server to display pages on mobile phones?

Closed, 500 points refunded.
RomMod
Community Support Moderator
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us