Question : Setting up a printer for Ad Hoc

Here is the scernio have a HP Officejet 6500 E709 that has wireless capabilities but i want to set it up ad hoc. Reading through the booklet it says it can be done. You set up the "network" of hpsetup and you can connect to it from the workers laptop which is a Dell then you go to install it with the disc and it says it has networking issues. I have turned off the symantec firewall that is on the computer and still no luck. The dell laptop has XP Pro SP3 and all the current updates.

Answer : Setting up a printer for Ad Hoc

Well, HP's support site lists an E709a, E709n and E709q, but I looked through the online installation instructions for all 3 and none of them say you can install via ad hoc... they all have instructions for installing via access point, though.
I see the manual DOES say you can install via ad hoc, but perhaps its author was mistaken.

So I would install the drivers and software and temporarily connect the laptop to it with a USB cable when prompted, then switch it to wireless using the instructions at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3944627&lang=en&docname=c01624891

You should have the Firewall enabled while installing, by the way, so the setup program can open necessary ports and add its programs to the trusted list. If the firewall is disabled during install the setup program may assume those changes don't need to be made.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us