Question : RDS problems

Hello,

I have a Windows 2000 server running IIS 5.0. About three weeks ago the server was rebuilt.  Today I have had complaints from my programmers that they cannot perform certain functions involving RDS.

The first error that I was getting was 2147024891 RDS Server error: The server has denied access to the default RDS handler used to access this page. I went into IIS and the properties of the MSADC virtual directory.  On the Directory Security tab I checked the granted access radio button.  This did not work.

I also went into explorer and checked the properties of msadc under program files to make sure that everyone was there with read access, of course there were other names as well.

I then did a search for the MSDFMAP.ini and when I found it I opened it and changed the [connect default] access=NoAccess to access=ReadWrite. This did not completely work.

I then went into IIS and removed the VD MSADC and re-added it.  Checking all the properites etc before doing so to make sure that they would be the same when it was recreated.  I left all of the settings to the default after re-adding it.

The problem now after doing all of this is that the data factory query function returns nothing and to make it harder to figure out it is not generating an error either.  Please help!! They have a demo today and need this to work.

any suggestions sincerely appreciated!!

Answer : RDS problems

see http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Visual_Basic/Q_10310313.html#1

If that doesn't help I'd repost in programming
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us