Question : Cannot send outgoing mail in Outlook 2003, XP

I am having this same problem as Kevotron:
to reiterate: All Outlook users functioning fine except one.
This user cannot SEND mail but can RECEIVE mail.
Outlook settings are correct (incoming/outgoing POP3, account name/password, authentication, etc.)
When I try to TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS the error states a network error/cannot connect to the Internet - however, the user can browse, ping known sites (i.e www.yahoo.com, et. al.)  This machine can ping the servers and other workstations.
TCP/IP is the only protocol and it uses DHCP for IP and DNS.

It suddenly happened - I didn't do anything or change anything.

I have tried everything...all of the suggestions above. I can receive mail just fine but cannot send mail. My server requires authentication and I have that box checked. I've tried "use same setting as incoming" and putting in the user password.

Also, when I send an email and it's waiting in my outbox, a constant popup appears that asks me to "enter network password". Everything is filled in except the box to check to save the password. If I click OK or cancel, it keep coming back.

Any suggestions?

Answer : Cannot send outgoing mail in Outlook 2003, XP

If you have Norton Internet Security or McAfee Security Center you may have to disable the Anti-spam or Spam killer respectively. To determine if the problem has anything to do with the Norton Internet Security or McAfee Security, locate the little icon at the bottom right near your time; right click on it and click disable.

Make sure you have Outlook closed while performing the above.

Open Microsoft Outlook, move any email in the Outbox to the Drafts folder. To do this, right click each email in the Outbox. A context menu will appear over it, click Move to Folder. Select the Drafts folder and click OK.

Create a simple email to send, with somthing like "test01" in the subject and "test" in the body. Click send.

Please relate the exact error message you recieve, even if it is the same as before; so I can properly help you.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us