Question : Sage line 50 on terminal server 2003 group policy

I Hpoe someone can answer this question (i have spent hours on it)

I have installed Sage line 50 2007 onto terminal server 2003

I can get t/s clients to run the sage fine as long as they have domain admin rights

But by default domain admin users are excluded from group policy objects so the users see the complete terminal server desktop

I have created an OU for the sage users and setup the Group policy object options i require

If I log on using a user without admin rights, the group policy is applied but when you launch sage after inputting the user name and password the sage sticks on the splash screen

When logging off the terminal server session an end task comes up for sbddesktop.exe

It looks like after hours of trying the only way I can run sage line 50 on terminal server 2003 is with domain admin rights and no group policy, or remove domain admin users from the deny setting in group policy and have group policy setting for all users including the server administrator!

Oh forgot to say this a seperate terminal server 2003 networked with an SBS 2003 server as a second server in the domain

Hope you can help

Regards

Answer : Sage line 50 on terminal server 2003 group policy

Hey,

i would rather run processmon and find out wot all permission sage requires to run on a terminal server. You can check it by running the processmon and filter it on sage application, there after look for access denied or you can compare the logs with the domain admin profile 1.

Regards,
Nicks
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us