Question : Changing Domain Controllers IP Address has caused problems with active directory

Im running a windows 2000 server network with active directory. Clients are windows XP pro. Recently i had to change the ip range of the network from 192.168.0.1to99, to 192.168.10.1to99. After i changed the domain controller'd ip address i reconfigured the ip scope for the network and DNS updated to the new records(i think from what i can see). Now no clients can see active directory/server/ controller. I can ping the server with "ping servername" but if i ping "ping servername.domainname.co.uk" the server can not be found. This also means most of the active directory stuff fails. when i user trys to log on a client pc. I tryied to add all the client computers again to the active directory but insted of saying 'this computer found was found in the active directory, do you want to use this account. it said the computer name cannnot be found, and continues like the computer was never added to the directory.

Thanks in advance for any input

Dave

Answer : Changing Domain Controllers IP Address has caused problems with active directory

I'd suggest double-checking that you changed the DNS server address in the DHCP scope. It may be handing out the old address.

You might also try executing "ipconfig /flushdns" on the affected workstations.

Lastly, you might try rebooting your other network equipment. The old address could be stuck in an arp cache somewhere.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us