Question : Create wireless network for apartment building using different Access Points

I'm working on expanding coverage for a wireless network in an apartment building.  The building is 8 floors with 12 apartments per floor, the basic shape of the building is a rectangle.  I'm currently using 1 Linksys WAP440n AP in the center of each floor, the signal isn't strong enough for all the users, so we're adding Access Points.  I'm not very happy with the performance of the Linksys WAP4400n Access Points, and I've decided to go with the Netgear WG302 access points instead.  I'm well aware that using Cisco APs would be more beneficial for a deployment of this size, but given their cost, we've decided to try these APs first.  

I'm moving the existing access points to the north side of the building and adding new access points to the south side of the building.  I'm planning on separating the channels on each of the floors so that there's at least a floor between the APs operating on the same channel, see the attached sheet for my planned channel deployment.

Is it possible (or recommended) to mix different brands/models of access points that will share the same internal network and the same SSID?

Thanks for your help.

Answer : Create wireless network for apartment building using different Access Points

When Broadcasting, the wireless router does not care if there is a router with same SSID. The wireless router will simply broadcast the signals, so it wont interact with the other broadcast.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us