Question : Locking Down a Windows XP Professional workstation for Non-Admin Users accounts Via GPO

Hello, I need help, I'm trying to figure out how to lock down a Windows XP Professional Workstation via group policy. The way I want this to work is, If a non-admin user account logs in they only have access to what applications were giving to them they cannot access internet, control panel, the start run command, and so forth I want it locked down tight to where all they see is start and programs thats it no my computer no desktop icons nothing, but, if an admin account logs in I want that machine to have full access to everything.
Now, I have locked it down but everytime I do it effects both the non-admin and the admin accounts. can someone please help me
Thanks

Answer : Locking Down a Windows XP Professional workstation for Non-Admin Users accounts Via GPO

Not sure if the link dragonjim provided will work for you. If not this will.

Create a new group on the local machine (example: NO-GPO)
Open the security tab for C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy folder and add the new group you just created.
with this new group highlighted check the "Deny" Read box.
Add those users or groups that you do NOT want the policy to apply to to this new group.
If you can't read it it can't be applied.

Only drawback is if you need to edit the policy you will have to remove the user from that group make the changes then add them back in.

Cheers
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us