Question : Cisco Concentrater / Draytech Vigor VPN possible?

I have a client who is looking to link a couple of offices together via a VPN. Currently Office1 (Which I don't look after) has a Cisco concentrater 3010 and Office2 (Which I am starting to look after) has a Draytech Vigor 2200USB. They currently have a user at office2 with the Cisco VPN software who access Office1 via this as a personal VPN (It links his specified IP address). What they want to do now is allow more users at office2 to access office1 but the Cisco team at office1 say that it cannot be done even though the Vigor2200USB supposedly supports VPN passthrough and 3DES. Has anybody any experience of this?

Currently, that's about all I know of the setup, I have never been to office1 and only been to office2 a couple of times to sort out other (Unrelated) issues and it would be nice to be able to provide them with a definitive answer!

Bit of a long shot I know but you gotta try!

Answer : Cisco Concentrater / Draytech Vigor VPN possible?

VPN pass-through, as it says, allows VPN traffic to pass through and usually involves protocol/port mapping the incoming VPN traffic to a single internal IP address running the VPN client. This generally prevents other IP addresses using a VPN, especially if connecting to the same end point. So your Cisco team are correct.

The Draytek 2200USB has been superseded by the 2600 models, so I'd go with rodimymum's suggestion here. The 2600 is a VPN device and will act as an end point supporting a LAN-to-LAN VPN to the Cisco concentrator, so will tunnel traffic between the Office1 and Office2 networks - no need to use a VPN client.

I've had this working between a Cisco 3000 VPN concentrator and Draytek 2900.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us