Question : Multiple Cable Modem Internet load-balancing for medium sized network.

so basically here is the senario. I want to hook up say 5 cablemodems and a T1 line and set up the software/server/router whatever to be able to "pick" which cablemodem to route traffic to based on load. for instance lets say I have 100 users online I want it to spread them across the 5 modems (20 users per modem) basically seamlessly.

here is what I have.

(1) windows 2003 server (with 2 Gigabit nics)
(1) T1 line
(5) cablemodems

and a crap load of routers, switches, wifi hotspots. (using gigabit fiber and gigabit copper for most of the stuff some is 100mbit though)Now I have already considered just assigning different areas of the network thier own cablemodem. But then it occured to me... wifi... people move around in a senario where there is a ton of users connected at on location and not another I want it to kinda roll them over to the cable modems that are not being used as much.

I'd prefer this to be a software solution I can handle with the 2003 server but I will consider just about any suggestion. Points awarded to the person who comes up a solution that best fits my needs and costs the least amount I guess.  I will check back often to answer any additional questions.

Answer : Multiple Cable Modem Internet load-balancing for medium sized network.

Solution just in case anyone googles this question is for hardware : Xincom or for software : Vicomsoft
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us