Question : Downloading trobles

What I have:

HP Pavilion dv9548us Notebook PC
[Network Wireless][Netgear Router/Gateway WDNR3300]
Kaspersky Internet Security 8.0.0.506 (KIS 2009)
Windows Defender
Utorrent
Rappidshare Manager
Flash-Got

I can surf the internet and download though a browser as normal.  But I can not download via P2P programs, accelerators or rather my download manager programs as I could last week.  I have no idea what has changed since last week.

I suspected a virus or malware so I did several scans (including online)... clean, no viruses or malware.  I checked my internet security program and even disabled it... no difference.  Windows System Restore was not help either.

The ports used by certain programs like UTorrent program say they are blocked when tested, but the ports appear to be free when I look at them through the Curr Ports program.

I have some knowledge, but limited knowledge, so I must be missing something... any ideas on what I can do?

Answer : Downloading trobles

Oh,  I missed it, you tried system restore.

Well, I thought the computer worked, and now it doesn't work, but if the ports on your router/gateway are not open for the application, that could be a problem, but then the question is, how did the gateway work and then stop working?

How many restore points did you try? Maybe an even earlier one would do the trick.

Again, sorry for not catching that you tried system restore, although there are usually several restore points, so maybe you only tried one restore point?  I use it to fix unexplained changes at times, but as you indicate, it's not a perfect solution and may not work at all.

Jeff
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us