Question : Sharing printer and network attached drive across two networks

In my home office at the bottom of my garden,  I  have a wired network with a Win 2000  Server acting as domain controller, DNS lookup and WINS lookup for this network.  This network, of  the server, PC1 (a Win XP pc) and a PC2 (a Win 2K Pro pc),  is working fine.  PC2  has a second network card connecting via a powerline adapter to an ADSL modem/ router in my house, allowing me to connect the PC2  to my home broadband connection when needed.  This has been up and running for a while and works fine allowing PC2 to get emails and access the net etc.   My wife and daughter also connect their laptops wirelessly to the ADSL modem/router to access the net.  In case its important, Laptop1 runs Win XP Pro and  also needs to connect to my wife's work domain when she is at work and Laptop2 runs Win XP home for my daughter's school work and email only.

Now the crunch.  I want to buy a new printer which I plan to connect wirelessly to the adsl modem/router and want to be able to print to it from all the PCs mentioned above.  Ideally I would also like to be able to set up a network attached drive as well that could be accessed from the laptops and the PC2.  Before I buy the printer and network drive, can this be done?  If so, how do I go about it?  At present, I cant seem to get the PC with the two network cards to see any of the other PCs connected to the adsl router at all or visa versa.

Oh yes, nearly forgot, the PC with the two network cards runs ZoneAlarm firewall as does the daughter's laptop.  The wife's laptop runs a McAfee firewall I believe.  If you need any more info then please ask.  Thanks in advance.

Answer : Sharing printer and network attached drive across two networks

For the printer I would get a wireless print server.  

You should be able to attach your NAS to the router and share it that way.  Do all your systems belong to the same workgroup or domain?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us