Question : SBS 2003 port 3389 Dissapeared - RDP not working now

Ok, before I bash my head on another desk...  
SBS 2003 with SP1 and all hotfixes applied
No ISA server configured
Details:
Dell Poweredge 1800 Duel  Xeon 3 Ghz
2 Gb ram 4 DIMMS DDR2 Synch
AHA-39160 Ultra 160 SCSI Adapter
Pro/1000 Dual Port Server adpater
Perc 4e/DC Raid controller
DAT 72 SCSI backup tape drive
3 network interfaces two LAN (GB) and one WAN (10/100)
SBS 2003 build 3790 SP1 x86
Dell Bios AO5
3 partitions
Raid 1 - C: 35.8 GB with 28.3 GB free (OS System/Boot Partition),  D; 32.43 GB with 24.5 GB Free (Program files/install directories/app backup)
Raid 5 - E: 136.5 GB with 109 GB free (User data)

The SBS server has been working flawlessly for over a year and just recently within the past two days the RDP connections have dissapeared and the port 3389 does not show up listening using netstat -a -o.
Remote Web workplace RDP connection and RDP connections internally and from the WAN have stopped working.  I can still reach server web page inside and outside but any RDP connections will not connect. VPN still works for establishing connections to the network from outside.

Getting the message "This computer can't connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or the network administrator." This of course refers to me and I have tried every troubleshooting technique I can think of so far.  Even the "servername" or IP address followed by /console will not let me in.  I can log in locally fine to the desktop.  I have tried to telnet to the server followed by the port 3389 and get the "connect failed" message while I can open sessions to the other machines in the network.  The port number has not been changed for remote desktop on the server.  

All Remote Desktop services and Terminal services are running on the server. Re-ran the configure wizards for Internet, firewall, and remote access.  

I am stuck troubleshooting everything internally on the LAN until the RDP issue is resolved.

Someone please come up with something brilliant before I go absolutely crazy!  Please?!?!

Answer : SBS 2003 port 3389 Dissapeared - RDP not working now

Just to be sure, why not check to see what port Term Svcs is set to run on.
Regedit
HKLM->SYSTEM->CurrentControlSer->Control->TerminalServer->WinStations->RDP-Tcp

Ensure that the PortNumber key is set to 0x00000d3d (3389).  I don't know how it could have changed, but it's worth a look.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us