Question : XP Pro (DOS Mode) access Btrieve 7.0 ERROR 91

Running Touchstone 2.03 (Electric Supply House POS) third party program.
12 workstation Window 2000 / Window XP Home mix with no problems.  Install new workstation with Window XP Pro and I'm getting a btrieve database error 91 with the program locking up.  Novell server is the DHCP giving out IP address. Using the normal novel protocols.  Same install procedure as the Window 2000 and XP Home. Looking for any information that may help.
Thanks,

Answer : XP Pro (DOS Mode) access Btrieve 7.0 ERROR 91

Don't be so surprised at the comment.  Too many people think the name really is "Novel."   Regardless, the question of what's considered to be "the normal Novell protocol" was the main thrust of my comment, not the fiction part.  If you included both IP and IPX in your client install, that'd be a likely source of your problem.  If they really don't care any more (gee, did you have any influence on their decision?) then it's pretty-much moot, but you didn't indicate one way or the other what you tried, or posted any answers to the questions, so I will object to a refund if you request one.

Anyway, this client is going to have to invest a lot of money instead of a little time, because if they're going to a Windoze-based network they can no longer expect to use XP Home.  Microsoft will refuse to support such a setup, and the protocols and client support for Windows AD just does not exist in real life for XP Home.  They'll have to buy more than just this one Windows XP Pro box - they'll have to upgrade *all* of their XP Home PCs.   If they can.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us